There are multiple exotic styles of hardwood flooring available widely in home decorating market. Its ample features can merge with any kind of décor style and enhance your living surroundings spell bounded. The natural beauty of the hardwood gives the feeling of keeping in touch with tradition for the wood has been used for centuries to build a loving home or commercial place.
Gone are the days when floor installer used to fix thick wood planks of any width and height. At present wooden floors has variation of colors, quality of wood and even different gauges. You can visit timber flooring Melbourne services to look at the different styles.
Prominent types of hardwood floor widely preferred by today’s interior decorators:
- Solid hardwood flooring:
- As it is sensitive to moisture, the floor is mainly mounted in dry area. It is best kind of wood if you need to give a rustic look to your décor. The best feature of the floor is that it can be anytime re-polished or recoated to expand their lifespan. It is mostly designed as a single piece of wood of ¾”of solid wood.
- Solid oak flooring:
- This kind of wood is mostly preferred for its polished appearance. Most of them don’t have any knots or blemish looks which make it even perfect to compensate with modern décor. It may be little costly than other kinds of wood flooring.
- Engineer hardwood flooring:
- This kind of designed wood flooring is mostly preferred for its ability to blend easily with any kind of décor. It can be installed in any floor where other kinds of hardwood flooring may be not suitable. Thin sheets of wood are laminated to form single plank. The planks are mostly patterned in size of 86” long and 7 ½” wide. This kind of wood flooring consists of many layers of wooden thin sheets hence the top layers can be patterned as per the buyer preference.
- Long strip hard wood flooring:
- It is a kind of patterned floor having long strip of wooden planks glued together to form a single paneled sheet. The centre strip is of soft wood to make the tongue and groove. The appearance of the floor will look like just one wooden panel is used to be designed as a floor. It can be installed in any subfloors or different grade level.
There are many things to be considered before selecting the best hard wood floor for your home or commercial décor.
Here are few considerations:
- Where do you need the floor?
- This point has to be considered as wooden flooring can’t be installed randomly by choice. It can be installed only on the space where there is no chance of moisture creeping around. Thus, basement or concrete slabs won’t be better place to install the wooden flooring planks.
- Which one to install?
- To choose from the multi styles depends upon your budget, usage and the availability of the wooden floor with your nearby flooring dealer.
At present times pre finished hard wood floor is much preferred as it can be installed easily and quickly.