Home decor is a very vast field and talking about it in one article is not quite possible. This is why we are going to be talking about floor accessories for floor covering. Still confused? Well, we are going to be discussing in details about carpets.
A carpet is basically an item to cover the floor. It has a layer of pile that is attached to a backing. Now, pile over here refers to a raised surface consisting of upright loops or yarn strands. Examples to pile textiles would be Turkish towels, plush, velvet, corduroy and carpet.
The word carpet and rug are often used interchangeably. But most people don’t know that the most basic difference between the two lies in their dimensions. Yes, a rug can be only as big as 2metres and not more than that whereas, you can use a carpet to cover up the flooring of your entire home as well.
There are a number of carpet manufacturing companies India that make their sale through online sites. You could get the best of carpets online that too with amazing discounts and full guarantee. If this has gotten you tempted, then you should definitely know the types of carpets that are most commonly found, before you start browsing your phone.
Common types of carpets:
- Woven carpets- these carpets are produced on the looms and are quit alike to the woven fabric. The pile could either be Berber or Plush. Generally coloured yarns are used to print out fine work. These carpets happen to be one of the most expensive ones available and are also very slow in manufacturing. They are very popularly found in Arabia, Pakistan, Iran and India.
- Needle felt carpets- these carpets need much more advanced technology to be produced. Forked and barber needles are used in this process. These carpets happen to be very durable and you could easily spot them in restaurants or hotels where people frequently come.
- Knotted carpets- knotted carpets use the technique of wefting and wrapping with colourful threads to bring ours some intricate works. These days machines are used for the purpose, but even today some places use hand knotted methods for making a carpet.
- Tufted carpets- tufted carpets are used for the production of domestic floor carpets. Hence they are very popular at homes. They are very easy and fast to produce. These are not priced very high and hence it makes them widely accessible to all.
- Others- under the others category, you would find a flatweave carpet which is made by the combination of wrap and weft threads. There are different types of flatweave carpets available out in the market. For example- tapestry, soumak, kilim etc.
So, these were some of the most common carpets found. Apart from this, you could also find false carpet grass available. People often use them in their balconies to have their own balcony garden. You could purchase from carpet grass suppliers in India from online stores.