Persons thinking to select a laminate floor are suggested to consider the following:
- Strong backing layer – The laminate floor that you intend to procure must have a strong backing layer. It is meant to facilitate structural durability to the product and prevent moisture. The backing layer materials may differ in terms of paper and the manufactures. The longevity of the product depends much upon the backing layer that goes a long way in making the same durable enough. Stability of the floor and protection against water damage also depends upon backing layer that must be strong. Laminate floors with melamine backings are most popular these days as they provide stability to the floor and help in giving proper protection against damage due to water.
- Core – Prominent concerns like select flooring direct make available laminate floors with apt cores that are made from different materials. This aspect also depends much upon the manufacturer. The needy persons must prefer to procure the laminate floor from reliable companies. Cores made of HDF, i.e. high density fiberboard or MDF, i.e. medium density fiberboard are usually available in the market. It is suggested to look for quality laminate floors with edges nicely treated in resin for resisting the ill effects of water swelling etc.
- The Photographic layer – Known as the decor layer, a high-resolution photographic image of a real hardwood board exists underneath the surface layer of the laminate floor. It is meant to provide the laminate a wood-like appearance. The laminate printing processes and image resolution depends much upon the manufacturers. The ones reproduced with poor reproduction processes may fall victim to color changes after lapse of time. Focus should be laid upon quality photographic images.
- Wear layer – It refers to the surface of the board and seals the photographic design apart from providing hard surface to fight foot traffic and other wear and tear. This layer carries the feel of the product. Focus should be laid upon laminate floors that have wear layer coatings made of tough materials. Resin coated cellulose and aluminum oxide or melamine are good as regards wear layers. Wear layers with AC rating, i.e. abrasion class of 3 or higher are good enough.
- Ease of availability – Famous concerns including select flooring direct is there to cater to the specific needs of laminate floors of the people. Persons in need of such floors may look for varied manufactures or suppliers before purchasing these products. A wide hunt is a must. Newspapers, yellow pages, friends and relatives may be helpful in making available the laminate floors with ease. Likewise internet may be surfed in finding the prominent concerns that deal in laminate floors.
- Rates – Last but not the least is the price that you pay for laminate floor. It must be quite reasonable and not become any burden upon your pocket. But focus should be laid upon the quality too. Paying some extra dollars is always wise rather than buying poor floors.
Paying attention to the above tips goes a long way in finding quality laminate floors against reasonable rates.