When a building is constructed, there are many people’s labours involved in various types of works. The huge task of mixing the concrete materials, laying that mixture over the bricks and finally spreading it evenly is done by the group of expert professionals, who are termed as concreters. A concreter is well trained with the knowledge about the correct proportion of the concrete ingredients, so that very stable building will be created. So the job of this person is very significant in maintaining the longer durability of the constructed building.
Major Tasks Carried Out By a Professional Concreter
- The concreters clean up the place where the concrete mixture is supposed to be applied, with the help of a vacuum cleaner or hand blowers. This cleaning is necessary for the basic preparation of the concrete application, to ensure the even layering of the concrete mixture.
- Then a concreter mixes good quality cement with gravel, sand, and water in correct proportions, to form the appropriate concrete mixture in large quantities.
- He immediately shifts the readied concrete into the place of application, with the help of a Hoseman concrete pump, with which a flexible hose is attached on one end. The concreters keep constant hand contact with this hose pipe, to regulate the direction to which the concrete mixture should be moved for the application.
- In case of small construction works, the less quantity of the concrete mixture is shifted manually in a wheelbarrow to the construction surface.
- The concreters then shovel the concrete mixture over the uneven surface that was prior prepared for concrete layering.
- The shovelled concrete is then levelled evenly by the concreters, with the use of vibration magic wands or any other handy equipment for levelling the concrete mixture uniformly over the surface.
- Apart from the flat surfaces, the concrete mixture may be poured into box-like structures or frameworks that are created for constructions purposes. The concreters take care to shape up the concrete into correct dimensions and sizes, as per the requirements of their clients.
- The levelling job can also be done by the use of compact screed machine, but this one cannot be operated singlehandedly and need at least two concreters to level up the entire concreted surfaces.
- Finally, the total concreting job is given finishing touches by the concreters, with the help of hand trowel or power cutters or any other handy equipment. The polishing of the edges or adding a special texture to the vertical or horizontal concrete surfaces or creating decorative patches with colouring powders are the main finishing features that accomplished by the well-experienced concreters.
Primary Skills Needed To Be a Successful Concreter
- The concreters should be able to read and understand clearly the blueprints of the construction designs and the construction plans, created by the competent architects.
- The concreters should be able to work for long hours in the construction sites, and he should stand all rough climatic conditions; like extreme heat and moisture of tropical summers. But the job of concreting the surfaces cannot be done during heavy rainfall or snowfall; else the concrete can be washed away before its solidification.
- Every expert concreter needs to be confident enough to complete the designated tasks of concreting the surfaces of the buildings in stipulated time limit. They also concretize the surfaces of swimming pools, bridges and public footpaths, which need to be completed very fast.
- These concreters should be able to communicate well with their clients, to understand their requirements regarding the concretizing of their building surfaces.
- They need to be expert in taking all the safety measures while handling the concreting services, including the uses of gloves, safety plugs, sunscreen glasses and other safety equipment.
Therefore, the concreters are highly reliable in the construction processes of any building and other concrete based structures. So, those were some of the vital tips you can keep in your mind when choose professional concreter for your building.