There have been many people coming up and asking this question again and again as to if they should buy a house that is being resold or should they buy a house that has been constructed newly. There are various perks of buying a new house over a resold one and various perks of buying a reselling flat over a newly constructed one.
Following are the various advantages and disadvantages of buying a new house over a reselling house:
- Build: you can build the house the way you like it. Make it look like a bachelor pad or a perfect place for family to stay in. it all depends upon you and only you. You will be given as much liberty with the house as you want and everything will be done by your choice, right from the colour of the paint on your walls to the type of kitchen cabinets to the arrangement of furniture in your house and type of windows of your house.
- Damages: Other important point of the new house will be that there will be less damage done to the new house as compared to the house that is being resold. Hence you won’t have to spend time in fixing the house.
- Modern: new houses are generally built in a way that can easily accommodate to all the new things and the new technological innovations. You can install all the new inventions in your house like a modular kitchen, new type of shower system in your bathroom very easily because the new houses are made in that way.
Along with the many advantages that buying a new house has, there are some disadvantages too.
The very main and the most important disadvantage of buying a new house are the budget and the prices of the house. It is said that our budget is decreasing day by day and the houses are getting expensive day by day. Hence the margin between affordability and reality of prices is increasing and hence the major drawback while purchasing a new house is the sky touching prices of the house.
Now that we have looked upon the pros and cons of buying a new house, let us also look upon the benefits and drawbacks of purchasing a reselling house:
- Available: these days the houses for resale are available in more numbers. That can be seen on the real estate portal websites like housing.com. There is a substantial increase in the number of flats for sale in Bangalore. Other available thing with resold houses is that the previous owner of the house leaves something or the other in the house for the new owners to use it. Plus the basic setup of the house will be ready already so you don’t have to worry about setting up the house from very basic stage.
- Costs less: A reselling house costs you less than a brand new house and hence you should think about it.
- History: the history of the house tells you how good or bad the house was. Plus generally reselling houses are left in a way very good condition making it ready for you to move in.
Following are the drawbacks of reselling houses:
The surrounding area might be known or unknown to you in this case. Plus sometimes it happens that the houses are not in extremely good condition. So you have to set up the entire house before you can move in.
Hence do research and then decide if you want to go with a brand new house or a reselling house.