Cutting hard metal sheets or chopping down of trees has never been as easy as this with the Chainsaw. This equipment used especially for cutting and trimming hard objects. If you like spending your free time in woods cutting and felling trees you must have a chainsaw handy. Chainsaws are an easy machinery with a saw attached to a chain that is again attached to a motor that rotates the chain. These are also used for cutting ice and making ice sculptures.
From where did chainsaw come from?
Chainsaws were first seen in 1830 used by a German orthopedist named Bernhard Heine and he used it for cutting bones. Later on chainsaw like tools were used by various people from various origins for multifaceted purpose which clearly states that this is an instrument of great usage. Chainsaws in great scale were produced in North America in the year 1948. Well over the years there was improvement in its making with regards to the material being used and the mechanism as well. Today chainsaws are quite advanced and are used in quite a lot of purpose.
What is the basic construction of chainsaw!
The parts included in a chainsaw are:
- Engine: It has got a one cylinder engine or an electric motor which gets its power from a battery or from any electric source.
- Chain: That rotates and vibrates with the spinning of electric motor.
- Saw: The saw is attached to the chain and is used for cutting.
Maintenance of Chainsaws
Chainsaws can be maintained by greasing and oiling it regularly. The chains can get rustic so it requires regular oiling. It is better to keep your chainsaw in use because the engine and the motor requires regular running for better performance. You can clean your equipment on regular basis to keep it from wear, tear and rust.
Uses of Chainsaws:
- Cutting of hard substances like wood or ice.
- Sizing up the wood cut for carpentry purposes.
- It can be used if you have a fireplace at home and you require logs of woods every day.
- If you have a garden at home and huge trees can fall off due to storms. You can clean up these large trees using a chainsaw.
- You can cut stones, concrete or bricks using a chainsaw.
Features available in chainsaws
- Chainsaws having 2 stroke engine
- Chainsaws having 4 stroke engine
- Chainsaws having height adjustable handles
- Chainsaws having folding handles
- Chainsaws with forced air cooling
- Chainsaws with telescopic handles
- Chainsaws with anti-slip technology
You are required to be extra careful when choosing a chainsaw for yourself. You should be clear with the requirements you have and then choose the machinery accordingly. Chainsaws are made differently for different purposes. Using a chainsaw also require some amount of training. It is always better to buy branded machinery for better functioning and durability. Using a chainsaw can be dangerous too, so make sure you use a proper chainsaw which is functioning well. A malfunctioning chainsaw can hurt you badly.
Power types of Chainsaws:
Chainsaws can operate using two types of power. One it can have a petrol engine and the other it can operate with gas technology. Using gas power type is always more economical than the petrol power.
Popularity of Chainsaws
Chainsaws are widely used in countries like Australia, China, Taiwan, India, United States, Singapore, Japan, and Malaysia. Hence, we can see chainsaws are more popular in eastern parts of the world than the west.
Chainsaws are a useful part of your toolkit if you are passionate about carpentry, ice sculpting and other cutting and edging arts. Always make sure you are using a good quality chainsaw for better result and personal safety.