Sooner or later, every homeowner needs to have a broken window fixed, and with so many ways a pane of glass can be broken, calling out a glazier is a more common occurrence than you might think. The fact that there are companies that specialise in domestic glass repairs is a testament to the frequency that breakages occur, and with glass panes having to withstand the harsh Australian climate, it isn’t surprising that repairs are sometimes needed.
- Essential Local Services – Every part of the country would be covered by small local companies that operate in specific regions, and if you happened to be looking for glass window repair in Perth, there are online companies that are both reliable and affordable, and with all glass in line with government standards, you can be sure of an excellent repair job.
- Timely Response – This is vital, as no one wants a broken window, and besides, it offers a burglar easy access, therefore should be fixed as soon as possible. Some large companies might not be too interested in a minor domestic repair, but a small, local firm would pride themselves on their good reputation and would always respond in a timely manner, depending, of course, on the circumstances.
- Affordable Prices – Avoid companies that charge high process for a call out, and you should be able to make an enquiry without feeling pressured to accept their quote. Friendly and helpful advice should be readily available, and they should be flexible enough to fit in with your busy schedule. If you think a quote is a little on the high side, browse a few websites and then you can compare, before choosing the contractor.
- Versatility – Whatever the type of windows you might have, an experienced glass repair company would be able to handle it. You might have the traditional timber framed sash windows, or modern aluminium framed units, but this should not present a problem for a good glazier that is experienced in domestic window repairs. Strom damage often cause more than just broken glass, and if the entire window needs replacing, they would be able to source a perfect match and carry out the work.
- High Standard of Workmanship – Most homeowners have experienced cleaning up after a tradesperson has been in their house, so look for a company that prides itself on attention to detail, and when the job is finished, they will even vacuum the room before they go. There are safety guidelines with all glass replacement and the right company would clearly state that they work to very high standards.
- Established in the local community – Any company that is still in business after 10 years must be doing something right, and with most businesses failing in the first year of trading, look for a contractor with at least 5 years of experience.
Broken windows always come at the wrong time, and if ever you experience this, it is time to contact a reputable repair company who won’t charge a fortune.