Small sized bathrooms can often make plenty of difficulties to store various toiletry items and also obstruct proper movement. Therefore, you must choose your vanity items in proper manner so that you do not feel uncomfortable while using your bathroom.
Following are few important tips on how to make a small bathroom look bigger by choosing right kind of vanity.
Choose your vanity style
These days, you do not get many kinds of vanity items. Therefore, while choosing them remember the following points.
- Choose the cabinets that occupy smaller space and yet has plenty of storage space. There should be built in drawer where you can place right items concealed within the wall and you can locate them easily when you need them.
- When choosing the cabinet take the measurement of your bathroom space with great care. Based on that you choose the size of your cabinet so that it can be comfortably placed without taking too much space.
- Avoid buying very large sized cabinet if your bathroom size is small. In that case, your cabinets will occupy larger space of the bathroom.
- Choose the design of the cabinet such that it blends well in the bathroom and gives an appealing look to your bathroom.
Choose your sinks properly
Sinks are also another important item to be chosen so that you can have maximum utilization of space inside the bathroom. So, following points may be noted while deciding about the bathroom sink.
- By using freestanding sink not only you provide visual relief in a small bathroom, but also there are plenty of advantages in physical movement inside the bathroom.
- If you use pedestal sink then you do not get any storage space on the contrary if you choose a sink with plenty of storage space beneath the sink then it will provide you plenty of space to store all the necessary items that are needed near your sink.
- Prefer to choose pedestal or console sink where storage of items is not so important.
There are certain vanities that need to be installed on the wall. Following are few tips that you can follow for such items.
- By having wall mounted vanity, you will avoid overcrowding of various items near the sink and your bathroom will look more organized and spacious.
- You must choose your wall mounting vanity items of proper size so that it should not look very odd and neither should it occupy unnecessary space.
- Choose the design of wall mounted vanity items properly so that it looks appropriate keeping in view of its other surrounding items.
How to select sink and faucet
When you choose sink and faucet particularly for smaller bathrooms then you must remember the following points.
- Prefer to select smaller sink so that there is little space occupied for its counter.
- Prefer to choose wall mounted faucets so that the sink can be placed closer to the wall. This will help you maximise the utilization of space.