If you are fortunate enough to be building your ideal home, flooring will at some point have to be considered, and there are indeed many options with hardwood or stone being at the upper end of the budget, while composites offer the durability and elegance at a much reduced price. There are far reaching implications with flooring materials, and with that in mind, here’s a rundown of what is available today.
- Laminated Flooring – Perhaps the rising star in the flooring circles, as developments in the surface make up give the homeowner an unparalleled level of durability. This really is fit and forget, and the range of stunning designs and finishes can accommodate timber and stone lovers. Affordability doesn’t have to mean a compromise on quality, and with online suppliers who offer reasonable rates, your flooring could end up costing you much less that you had planned. Google is certainly your best friend when searching for flooring contractors, and whether you are looking for flooring specialists in Bognor Regis or anywhere else for that matter, sourcing a local company has never been this easy.
- Timber Flooring – Hardwood offers the ultimate in elegance, and with a softness that only seasoned timber can bring, if your budget stretches that far, there are some excellent timbers that are perfectly suited for flooring, and after a few years, you can have the floor sanded and re-varnished, giving you a brand new surface.
- Stone Floors – There are some serious downsides to stone in the harsh UK climate, and if you are going for this timeless material, some underfloor heating might be an idea. In the right ambience, stone flooring looks exquisite, and if the cost is just too high, one can go for a laminate faux stone look, which would be a fraction of the cost of marble or granite.
- Vinyl Floors – Like laminates, vinyl has come into its own and offers the homeowner a range of benefits. It can be laid in sheets or tiles, and the extensive range of designs can mimic every natural material. Durability is up there with the best, and pound for pound, vinyl flooring is possibly the best all round choice, as it ticks all the boxes.
- Concrete Options – There has been great development in the concrete industry and the past few years has seen a revived interest in domestic flooring, with a range of colours and finishes. Of course, durability is excellent, although large rooms will require reinforced mesh, for added tensile strength. Polished concrete has a look of its own, and many homeowners are happy with their stunning stone flooring, and being in the lower price bracket when compared to hardwood or teak.
The Internet is always a good source of information, and you could spend an hour or two researching the various flooring types online, and then use the search facility to locate a local contractor who can transform your interior.